Polygon is a protocol and a framework for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks. Aggregating scalable solutions on Ethereum supporting a multi-chain Ethereum ecosystem.
Polygon combines the best of Ethereum and sovereign blockchains into a full-fledged multi-chain system.
Polygon solves pain points associated with Blockchains, like high gas fees and slow speeds, without sacrificing on security. This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc, but with at least three major upsides:
- It is able to fully benefit from Ethereum’s network effects
- It is inherently more secure
- It is more open and powerful
Polygon combines the best of Ethereum and sovereign blockchains into an attractive feature set. Built by developers, for developers.
- ETH Compatibility – Industry dominance, established tech stack, tools, languages, standards, enterprise adoption
- Scalability – Dedicated blockchains, scalable consensus algorithms, custom Wasm execution environments
- Security – Modular ”security as a service”, provided either by Ethereum or by a pool of professional validators
- Sovereignty – Dedicated throughput/resources, fully customizable tech stack, sovereign governance
- Interoperability – Native support for arbitrary message passing (tokens, contract calls etc), bridges to external systems
- User Experience – Comparable to Web2, “zero-gas” transactions, instant (deterministic) transaction finality
- Developer Experience – Equivalent to Ethereum, no protocol level knowledge required, no token deposits, fees or permissions
- Modularity – High customizability, extensibility and upgradeability, short time-to-market, community collaboration
These are some of the many projects that already use Polygon architecture
One of the most popular Prediction Markets in the blockchain space, Polymarket has redefined the space with its smooth UX
DeFi based crypto collectibles game; players stake NFT’s with interest generating tokens in the Aavegotchi Metaverse
Casino style games built in the Decentraland metaverse, where you can play your favourite card games with your chosen avatar
Place your bets on your favourite sporting events with SportX and earn more with weekly contests on this popular sports betting platform
A fork of Compound which brings multiple DeFi products under one roof with lending, borrowing, staking and more available in one Dapp
Cyberpunk RPG adventure game that allows players to battle it out in a sci-fi dystopia and win in-game NFT’s
MATIC is an ERC-20 token that is used to power Polygon, the gateway to a Multi-Chain Ethereum.
The MATIC token serves dual purposes: securing the network via staking and being used for the payment of transaction fees.
The MATIC token is used to pay fees for transactions taking place on 400+ Dapps running on Polygon.
Validators and delegators secure the network by staking their MATIC in the staking contracts, which are used to achieve consensus and ensure the security of the network.
Polygon is an open source project built by decentralized team of contributors from all over the world. The founders are doxxed.
Polygon (Polygon) contract :
Polygon (Ethereum) contract :
Polygon (BSC) contract :
Do you like this crypto? If yes, please vote below. You can vote once a day, every day for any crypto project(s) you like.
- A listing needs at least 1000 votes within 10 days to avoid being demoted to the Waiting Room.
- If a listing reaches 2000 votes within 10 days, it will be tagged as a “Strong Community”. 2000 votes also qualifies the project to become one of our partners. You get 12 months of promotion at the cost of only 1 month!
Please get your awesome community to vote. Thanks.
Would you like your crypto project promoted and/or featured? If so, check out our promotion packages. Make sure you check out our referral program as well.
For more interesting crypto projects, visit CryptoNextGem.com homepage.
The content on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional financial advice. As always, DYOR/Do Your Own Research.
------------------------------------- Note that: 1) A listing needs at least 1000 votes within 10 days to avoid being demoted to the Waiting Room. 2) If a listing reaches 2000 votes within 10 days, it will be tagged as a “Strong Community”. 2000 votes also qualifies the project to become one of our partners. You get 12 months of promotion at the cost of only 1 month! Please get your awesome community to vote. Thanks. 🚀🚀🚀 ------------------------------------- Hello readers, this post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!